Genuine Building Services Pty Ltd.
Genuine Building Services (GBS) was started by Peter Ginns in 2007. He started working as a Carpenter in 1992 and it was a natrural progression for him to become a builder. The business was started to supply a genuine approach to building (hence the name of the company) and to build trust with both clients and subcontractors. Peter had worked as both a subcontract carpenter and foreman and realised that customer service and quality at a reasonable price was hard to come by, and saw the demand for a builder able to provide an open and honest relationship with their clients.
GBS was initially based in Annandale and moved to Gladesville in January 2014. As such we do most of our work in the surrounding areas including the Inner West and lower to mid North Shore.
GBS has awards for winning the Master Builders Association Excellence in Housing Awards for House Additions/Alterations/Renovations in the $1m to $1.2m price category for 2018 and the $450,001 to $550,000 price category for 2014. In addition Peter Ginns was one of four finalists in the Master Builders Association of NSW Young Builder of the Year award for 2014.
GBS has achieved a lot since establishment and has the dedication and determination to continue along this path and continue to offer a quality, genuine service to its clients going forward. GBS has many satisfied customers, and their referrals provide the majority of our work.
Why Genuine Building Services?
- We will be honest and transparent in everything we do. From the initial detailed quote to pricing variations prior to commencing them.
- We will work with you to find solutions that enable you to stay within your budget without compromising on your design.
- We will finish on time (or early) after allowing for extensions of time due to rain delays etc.
- We are fully licenced and insured.
- Most of our work comes from referrals or neighbouring properties. As such we ensure that every single client is happy throughout the build, on completion and in the future.
- We will work directly with either you or your chosen Architect (we can also recommend a number of excellent Architects).
- We give you a 13 week defects period commencing from the day of Practical Completion. This is where we rectify defects or faults which are attributable to our work or failure to do something.
- We will hire only quality employees and sub-contractors to work on your home and pay them fairly, in full and on time.
- We will only use sub-contractors who are fully insured and licenced (where applicable) at all times.
- We will select quality materials.
- We take safety seriously and will ensure a safe job site for everyone onsite.
- We will respect your neighbours by notifying them of works commencing, using appropriate language and behaviour onsite, keeping the site tidy, communicating with them where necessary and addressing any concerns they have.
- We will build your home as we would expect our own to be built.
- All rubbish will be recycled where possible. When this is not possible it will be disposed of safely and responsibly. We are qualified to safely remove asbestos.
- Our employees with families are given flexible working conditions.
- We run only one or two jobs simultaneously so that the builder can personally ensure that his quality standards are met.
- We do renovations, extensions, additions and new builds.
- We are experienced in dealing with heritage listed properties and tight access sites. We have innovative and cost effective solutions to work within these constraints.